the requisite 100 things about me (in progress):
1. i started blogging again because i want to practice writing, in a desperate attempt to improve my deplorable writing.
2. i'm married to a wonderful texan with a kooky, yet equally wonderful, texan family.
3. i came back to boston from india, with tucker in tow, in thanksgiving 2002.
4. i love diner food and fast food joints.
5. on a recent boston-austin road trip, i tried to count all the waffle houses and patronize as least one each day.
6. i have a younger brother, adrian, who is a freshman at cornell.
7. i'm chinese.
8. i like sanrio characters, especially pochaco, kerroppi and badtz-maru. i typically default to hello kitty because it's the most readily available.
9. i'm the director of learning & development at an it services firm.
10. i lived in new delhi, india for 14 months.
11. i went to 13 schools before university.
12. no, my parents were not in the witness protection program - they used to start up and sell chinese take-out places.
13. i've been in the boston area for 8 years, with extended stints in austin,tx and india.
14. i got married on tucker's family farm.
15. i have unknowingly developed an accessories fetish (bags and shoes).
16. i have an unhealthy addiction to tv, and to reality tv especially.
17. my favorite reality tv show is "the amazing race".
18. i downloaded the application for amazing race 5, but missed the submission deadline.
19. i am in love with bob schneider , singer/songwriter/renaissance man. he rocks.
20. i am an amateur lindy hopper.
21. if i were ever on mtv's "made", i'd want to be made into a surfer.
22. my favorite soda is diet dr pepper, followed by fresca.
23. i live in cambridge, massachusetts.
24. i'm going to babson in the evenings to get my mba.
25. my friend ed calls me "zeppo" and tucker says i'm the "dumbest smart person" he knows.
26. i am a horrible story teller, and equally bad with jokes and photography.
27. my favorite alcoholic drinks are lambics and grapefruit mimosas.
28. a pet peeve of mine is those magazine subscription inserts/postcards. ESPECIALLY when you've already subscribed and you're getting your magazine from your subscription. does that make sense?
i can't believe i am only at #29.
29. i am a big tea fan. my favorite are british black teas and chinese black teas, like jasmine or a good oolong. my current favorite is mango ceylon from irie teas.
30. my favorite fast food place is taco cabana.
31. i went to the university of illinois-urbana, where i majored in engineering/computer science.
32. i am a not-so-secret admirer of martha stewart. her shows are ok, but her magazine rocks.
33. i drive like an old lady.
34. i'm fluent in cantonese, but illiterate.
35. my husband proposed to me in front of the taj mahal. yes the taj mahal in india; it's known as the greatest monument to love (aww.)
36. i don't really drink alochol and i've never gotten drunk.
37. my dream car would either be a mini cooper or a golf gti. i am in a small car phase.
38. i currently drive a land rover discovery - from my big car phase.
39. my husband says i have the stomach of a goat.
40. i have been to the following countries/city-states outside of the u.s.: uk, germany, india, sri lanka, japan, china, hong kong, thailand, mexico, bermuda, st martin, costa rica.
41. my myers-briggs type indicator is entp, and i am qualified to administer the mbti.
42. i am 5' 2.5". the .5 is very important to me.