sooo, tucker went and got the ole snip snip this week. he's doing pretty well. this whole process has been surrounded by a set of ironic, and sometimes unfortunate, incidents:
- tucker's doctor is dr. dick chopp. no joke, check him out here: dr chopp
- they wanted me to travel for a work project on thursday and i had to tell them no. i went to the project lead (who i know pretty well) and said "i'm really sorry, but the hub is scheduled for the snip snip, and i absolutely cannot travel." he visibly shifted uncomfortably in his chair and said, "your husband's a good man. god bless him."
- when i picked him up, i didn't realize it, but the "nutcracker suite" was playing. he gets in the car and says "really? is this a joke?"
- we get to the appointment, which we thought was at 1130, and after waiting for 15 mins, they say, oh, your appointment was at 1100; the doctor already left. tucker was not happy about that. fortunately, they managed to squeeze him in at 100, so he didn't have to go through all the pre-op stuff all over again.
- afterwards, he's in the car and i decide to call his mom, on speakerphone. no, i don't know what my problem is. i just wanted to let her know it went ok, but why didn't i wait till he was OUT of the car??
- you know when you go to the dentist and you get a little bag to take home with a toothbrush and some floss? tucker's bag had some post op instructions and a t-shirt. yes, a t-shirt.